Reading UK CIC
The economic development company for Reading
Reading UK CIC was established in 2007 as a Community Interest Company (CIC). We operate as a public/private partnership to promote and sustain the economic development of Reading through programmes that drive its world-class economy. We exist to:
- Profile Reading globally as a place to visit, invest, relocate and do business
- Regenerate and grow the economic footprint of Reading
- Improve Reading’s demand and supply match of labour and skills
- Manage and develop Reading’s Central Business District
- Invest in Reading’s economically important infrastructure
Reading UK CIC's business-led Board of Directors is made up of senior figures from:
- Hammerson (The Oracle Shopping Centre)
- Oracle Corporation
- First Group
- DTZ, Ivy Park, Broad Street Mall
- Reading College
- Muse Developments Ltd
- Peter Brett Associates LLP
- M & G
- Reading Borough Council
- Trinity South (Get Reading)
- Jacobs the Jewellers
- Global Heart 96-107
Growing the economy
Reading UK CIC is leading an ambitious new strategy to drive economic growth and further raise the profile of Reading globally as a place to invest, do business, work and live. We are determined to maintain Reading’s strong economic position and raise the quality of life of those living and working here through a targeted action plan that will make a difference.
- Create a new marketing strategy backed by business to grow the global profile of Reading, accelerating investment and the development of business and residential space on key sites and increasing the number of new and global companies joining those already in Reading. We are backing the key infrastructure requirements to support the area’s economy, working closely with Thames Valley Berkshire Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) and Government
- Delivering a £2.5m action plan awarded to Reading UK CIC by town centre businesses. Reading Business Improvement District’s programme of activity will ensure the town centre is safe day and night , attractive and well promoted and that business are better connected and working in partnership with others in the wider town centre area
- Delivering Reading’s City Deal action plan, part of the £2.4m programme the Government awarded to Berkshire to enable every young person 16-24 to fulfill their potential in the local economy
- Driving our successful £1.2m bid for a Business Growth Hub by supporting the LEP to manage the programme and promoting its services to local businesses
- Negotiating and implementing a further 10 Employment and Skills Plans (ESP) with developers and new companies to provide new jobs and training in Reading. This will build on our success with TESCO’s new Distribution Centre which created over 1000 local jobs, reducing the local unemployment rate by nearly 1%.
You can download a pdf version of our most recent annual report here: Reading UK CIC Annual Report 2012/13
Reading UK CIC is a Community Interest Company limited by guarantee and registered in England & Wales (No. 5671172) at One Forbury Square, The Forbury, Reading RG1 3EB.
Its trading address - for all correspondence - is Davidson House, Forbury Square, Reading, RG1 3EU.